General Running Update

I've had a really good last two weeks of running. 53.5 miles each week. Nothing fast, just a lot of strength work as I gear up for fall races. Both weeks I've done a 12-mile long run and a solid tempo workout, as well as some brisk nine-mile medium long runs. One observation I've made is that my times on my 12-mile and 9-mile courses have suddenly been getting a lot quicker, even as I've been trying to hold back. Feels like my aerobic strength is better than it has ever been since starting running again. Maybe taking a few weeks off of speedwork and racing has let my body catch up? Hopefully I can push it up to another level this fall. First race of my 'season' is a 5 miler on August 30 in Westlake.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP