Training Update

Had a very good post-race week, hitting 68 miles without any issues. Mainly just easy stuff, other than hill repeats on Thursday and a 14 mile trail run today. Next week I'll be racing a 10K in Lorain on Saturday. Originally I was going to do the Cleveland Heroes 5 miler on Sunday, but Bella and I will be in Pittsburgh for the opening reception of a solo gallery show she is having there, so it will be a pretty late night. I'm looking forward to doing a 10K anyway as it's a bit of a rare race these days and I'd like to lower my masters personal best of 36:06, which I ran back in April. I don't know anything about the course next Saturday, but assuming it's reasonably flat and the weather is decent I think a sub-36 is in the cards. I won't really be tapering this week as I'll be doing 8 x 1000 meters with 400 jogs on Monday and some 150s for leg turnover on Wednesday, but Thursday and Friday will be short and easy so I should have some spring in my step on race day. The focus continues to be the masters 5K National Championships in Syracuse on October 4 and then the plan is to do some higher mileage for a month or so before coming back down and getting reading for the masters cross country National Championships in Louisville in December.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP