Making Some Racing Plans

Training in the winter months here can get boring fast, so it's good to have something to look forward to. I've decided to make the return to Michigan and do the Meteor 10K on April 2. It's a fast certified course and I'm due for a good 10K. To prep for it I've decided to use the Beer Bottle Open 4 miler in Columbus Grove on March 12 as a tune up. That race is also USATF certified and is supposed to be fast. Sounds like a good simulation for the 10K.  I've never done this race before, but it's part of the Ohio Grand Prix circuit and it'll be a change of pace from the St. Malachi 5 mile race I usually run on that same weekend. I thought about jumping into another 5K (either road race or indoor) on February 19 but I'm thinking no as of today. Looking at my workout sequence there are a few key sessions in this block that I want to run before the aforementioned races. I made the mistake of training too hard too soon after my recent 5K and I've been nursing a sore right thigh and hip flexor as a result. Took one day off last week and I've had one day off this week as well. I still managed to get in 60 miles last week though and this week should be about 55ish I hope.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP