Shot In The Dark Race Report

I managed to survive some pretty ridiculous temps last Saturday and ran a solid race at the Shot in the Dark 4 miler. The course was pretty hilly (two big bridges) and the combination of no shade and a 5pm start time made for some pretty sweaty conditions. I ended up with a 24:06 for 16th overall and first in my age group. The age grade score was about the same as what I had on July 4 but I feel like this was a better performance since the weather was worse and the course was much tougher. Next up is a cross country race on August 10. It's been in the 90s all week but I've manged to get in some decent runs and look forward to getting in a good block of training before the next race. After that I probably won't race again until mid-September as I really want to get my strength back for a solid fall campaign.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP