Still Alive



Apologies for the lack of posts lately. Here are a few updates:

1) Running. The running has been going pretty well. I had a solid 5K race on October 28 running 18:20 on a hilly course in extremely windy conditions. Sandy was just beginning to kick in that Sunday morning and the winds were already pushing 30+ mph. Like the 5K earlier in the month I ran a pretty even first two miles and had a strong negative split closing mile. I feel really strong but I think I need a few more 5K races to get the speed back so my new racing plan will be to do the Avon Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and the Reindeer Run on December 1 as final tune ups pre-club nationals.

2) Rock 'n' Roll. I've written a few reviews for the forthcoming issue of the Big Takeover that I'll post on here soon.

3) Other writing. I've never written fiction before, just rock criticism and academic stuff when I was in school, but I'm playing around with what I think will be a novel length story about an Anglophile college student in the 80's who spends a year in England. Most of it's true but it didn't all happen to me! So far I've written 5,000 words that I'm pretty happy with.


Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP