Kentucky Pain

I'll keep this short. If you read my training log you know that I pulled my hamstring just before the four mile mark and had to hobble my way to the finish at Club Nationals. Not what I hoped for but I never considered dropping out. Cross country is a team sport and every man counts. Team Ohio ended up 7th out of 18 teams in the 40-49 division. Bella took this photo sequence of me hobbling and this pretty much what it was like for me over the last 2 miles. I went from running 6:10 pace on the hilly and muddy course to something like 15:00 for the final two miles. Most pain I've ever felt in a race! Fortunately the injury isn't too bad and I should be ok to do some easy running in about a week.






Had to borrow a cane from my wife post-race to walk around.


Finally, here's a pretty good photo of me early on in the race pre-injury:


Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP