Training Report: March 26-April 1

Nothing too eventful with my training this week. 44 miles with one day off, a light interval workout and a 5K race in Akron called the Canal Park Challenge (see photo with pained expression to your left). I ran a really solid race on what was probably a slightly long course. My splits all seemed to make sense, but if those mile markers were accurate, then the finish line was probably about 100 meters further from the 3 mile marker than it should have been. Anyway, my splits were 5:32, 11:08 (5:36), and 16:52 (5:44). Normally it takes me about 37 seconds to get from mile 3 to the finish line but today it took 63 seconds so either the mile markers were all wrong or the finish line was off. I'd like to think the latter as the early pace felt about the same as the pace I ran my 7 x 800 @ 5:32 pace the other week.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP