Training Report: June 4- June 17

Another solid two-week block of training with a really good 5K race yesterday. Ran 17:44 (5:42 pace) at the Ohio City Run & Crawl road race for 6th overall and 4th in 40-49 (damn, us old guys are competitive). I was only 3 seconds off my masters PR in less than ideal conditions. At race time it was about 85F and humid and while the course was flat, there were a lot of twists and turns through a residential neighborhood. Anyway I ran a solid even paced race, going out in 5:42 and easing slightly in mile 2 before blasting a nice negative split final mile where I caught a group of three guys I had been zeroing in on since just after the mile mark. Other than the race, I did a couple of solid 6 x 1000 sessions and back to back medium long runs in 95F heat while on vacation in North Carolina. I suppose the heat training there helped me with yesterday's race. Next up is a 5 mile road race on July 4 and a 2 mile track race on July 13.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP