Track Time

I raced on the track for the first time since 1983 in Ann Arbor last Friday at the Tortoise and Hare Summer Track Series event at Huron High School. It was a bit hot at 80F and pretty windy but I ran really well, nailing down 10:55 for 2 miles with a nice negative split of 5:30/5:25. 15 minutes later I came back and jumped into the 1000 meters and ran 3:09 going 76, 75, 38. Not too bad at all as the shorter races aren't my specialty, but this was a really nice speed workout. I was surprised that sub 5:30 pace felt pretty comfortable since I've been doing all my intervals this year at 10K pace (5:50-6:00), but as the saying goes, strength = speed. On Sunday I watched my BMLC teammate Stephen Magee kick some serious ass at the Waterloo Triathlon, finishing 4th in the 40-44 age group. We also saw our high school buddy Dave "The Dimmer" Dimcheff this weekend. He's the head cross country coach at Kalamazoo College and told us that we were good enough to make his varsity team this year. This lead to much discussion on how Stephen and I could get funding to go back to school for a semester to run cross country and have it filmed as a reality TV series! Over a few beers we pretty much nailed down a full season's worth of potential episodes.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP