Riding The Waves

An old friend of mine once said that you need to ride the ups and downs of life like the Silver Surfer and that can definitely be applied to running. Hit a little bit of a rough patch early on this week after a pretty smooth last 5 or 6 weeks. Legs were just dead tired for Monday's 3K time trial (last few laps plain sucked) and Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty so so easy runs and my motivation was definitely lower than usual, but the last two days have been great. Thursday was a nice easy 98 minute trail run and I've got to say that this is my favorite workout. Mastick Woods is a beautiful place to run and worth the drive to get there. I feel weird when I have to drive to run but getting out there in nature and not having to deal with traffic is awesome. Today I did some hill repeats and was really on, even a day after the long run. Wore my Lunar Racers in this workout and I think I'll wear those in the Diemer 5K instead of the Kantana Racers. This week I'm off work and looking forward to decompressing a bit before heading to Michigan for the Diemer race and Founders and Bells Brewery visits. Yeah, beer and running definitely go together!

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP