Brian Diemer 5K

Not quite the race I was hoping for, more like a B when I was hoping for an A- or an A. I thought for sure I would run under 17:20, but I was 10 seconds per mile off that pace, clocking in at 17:49. I was 4th in my age group and 51st overall out of about 2,000 runners. Not sure if it was the heat and humidity (it was pretty gross out there), but I just didn't have my usual finishing kick. My pacing was pretty even (mile splits were: 5:40, 5:48, 5:44), but that is more like my 8K pace than 5K pace.  Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on this. I have another 5K lined up for June 26 (Run for the Young at Crocker Park) and I've got two weeks to sharpen up and get my A game back.

Oh yeah, one of the fun things about this race is that if you beat 1984 Olympian Brian Diemer, you get a free donut. Brian is the guy in the middle in Red, running with a guy who wears a cardboard sign, which says something like, Beat Brian and Win a donut!

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP