Back on the Track


No, I don't work out on an old school grass track like this one in Dublin, Ireland but today was my first workout on the oval since last fall. In any case, Rocky River's new track is great (really nice resurfacing job). I did 4 x 1200 meters in the threshold zone, not letting my heart rate get over 90% of maximum heart rate reserve. For breaks I took standing recoveries, starting each rep when my heart rate dipped below 70% of max HRR. My times for the four repeats were very consistent: 4:22, 4:20, 4:21, 4:20 (5:48 pace on the nose). The first two breaks were around 50 seconds, the last one was 58 seconds. It will be interesting to see how much my rest breaks decrease in future workouts like this one as I get more fit. Really happy with this workout. Between this and my 17:39 road tempo last week, I'm defnitely stronger than I have been in a while.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP