Welcome

I swore I'd never do one of these blog things but since my writing career is pretty much non-existent these days, I need a creative outlet of sorts. The basic lowdown is that I run Elephant Stone Records, an indie label that focuses on bands inspired by Britpop, shoegaze and all things psychedelic. My other main hobby is long distance running. I'm 41 and I've been running for about 2 years after taking 19 years off. I was a pretty good HS runner (best times 4:27 for the mile and 9:25 for 2 miles) but ended up burning out in my sophomore year of college and retiring at the ripe old age of 20. As I started nearing 40 I had the desire to get in shape again and I started running again and in the Spring of last year started doing races. I've surprised myself and run faster than I ever thought I would at this age. I have currently lowered my 5K (3.1 miles) time to 17:41 (5:42 per mile) a pretty decent time for my age (I tend to finish in the top 3 in my age group in most local races). This year the goal is to up the ante and train harder. Some old HS buddies of mine have caught the mid-life crisis bug too and we have formed a team called the BMLC Track Club. We'll be competing in the national cross country championships for old dudes (guys over 40) in SF in December. The distance will be 10K (6.2 miles).

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP