Beer of the Week: Bell's Hopslam

(By John Voorhees) Hopslam from Bell's is simply amazing! Bell's recently pulled out of Illinois, where I live, over a dispute with its distributor. As a huge fan of Bell's Two Hearted Ale and other beers, I was heartbroken. Fortunately, I make frequent trips back to my home state of Michigan (Go Wolverines!) and have plenty of opportunities to stock up. Two weekends ago I was in Ann Arbor for the annual Tortoise & Hare 10K/5K with Ben and others. I took the chance to stock up on Bell's and some winter running gear. When I got to the store, I was pleasantly surprised to find every Bell's beer available waiting for me. Among others, I bought a 6 pack of Hopslam, which will set you back a steep $13.50. I've got to say though, that it is worth every penny. Released on October 20, 2006, Hopslam is not long for this world. According to Bell's website, just one batch of this incredible brew was made. A double hopped IPA, Hopslam starts with a strong citrus flavor and ends with a great bitter hoppy bite. If you can still find this brew, go for it. I know I'll be looking for it the next time in Michigan.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP