Training Summary: September 4-10

Another solid high mileage week for me. After last week's 62, I followed up with 59 miles in 6 days. I began the week with a super hilly 11 mile run in Dana Point, California on Labor Day and finished the week with a hilly 16 miler in Cincinnati on Saturday with my BMLC teammate Rob Cherry, who is training for the Columbus Marathon in mid-October. Sunday was my first day off in 2 weeks! In-between the two hill runs that bookended my week, I had a fantastic strength workout on Wednesday where I ran 3 x 2 miles with 2:00 rest going 12:39, 12:10 and 12:02. After an easy start on the first rep, I really got into a good zone on the last two and finished feeling like I had a lot more in the tank. My coach Josh has been having me hold back a little in interval workouts so that I finish feeling like I could do a little more if I were so inclined. Looking forward to getting back to racing in October! This week I'm bringing my mileage down to 45 or so and focusing on two quality workouts -- a quick 12 miler tomorrow and hill reps on Friday. The rest of the week will be easy 5 mile recovery runs.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP