Evel Knievel American Badass - R.I.P.

Evel Knievel passed away today, age 69. He had an assortment of serious medical problems in his later years. To honor his memory I've posted footage of one of his great jumps in Portland. I used to watch him on ABC Wide World of Sports all the time as a kid and me and my friends would try to emulate him by doing dangerous jumps on our Schwinn Stingrays and Choppers. The '70s rocked with rock star-like sports icons such as Knievel, Pistol Pete Maravich, Joe Namath, Wilt Chamberlin, and Prefontaine.

Unknown  – (12:43 AM)  

Ha, I just finished posting something about this today. The man was truly an artist in feats of badassery. Evel inspired me to bust my ass doing all sorts of retarded stunts back in the day.

-Matt

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP