St. Malachi 5 Mile - Masters PR 28:40

Had a great race this morning at the St. Malachi 5 mile run. I was 12th overall out of about 1,000 runners and the 2nd master behind my Team Good River teammate Ron Dorfeld who clocked a 27:54. My time was 28:40, which was a 13 second masters PR. Really happy with my race as this was a tough ass hilly course. Last year I ran 29:36 here and this year's course was even tougher as they reversed part of it, having us climb up a really tough gradual hill between miles two and three instead of having us run down it. Anyway, this really bodes well for 2008. I think sub 28 is definitely in the cards. My splits were solid and even: 5:43, 5:43, 5:49, 5:47, 5:38. On a funny note, the headband I was wearing flew off of me near the 2 mile mark. I didn't even notice it was missing until after the race but a couple of my teammates saw it fly off of me!

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP