Training Update

Hopefully Spring is around the corner. The weather lightened up at times this week and I managed to get in some decent quality workouts for a change, including a good session of mile repeats on Wednesday and a really "on" 8 mile progression run in the metro park on Saturday. Looks like it will be about 20F and windy for my 12 mile long run tomorrow morning, but overall things seem to be going well this winter and I feel like I'm in better shape than I was last year at this time. My first race of the year will be the St. Malachi 5 miler on March 14 and that should be a really good rustbuster for the first race of the year that I'm really pointing for, the Meteor 10K in Dearborn, Michigan on April 4. That race always has a loaded masters field, which in the past has included the likes of 40-44 national 10K record holder Paul Aufdemberge and some of his teammates from the Frontline Racing Team.

Sun Runner  – (8:25 AM)  

I'm aiming for the Martian Half Marathon (I'd like to break 1:50) which is the day after the Meteor 10K. That is, if my IT band stops its hissy fits before then.

Last year I ran the Meteor 10K and local legend Monica Joyce crushed almost everyone, men and women both, with her winning time of 34:32.

She was 49 years old! She rocks.

Ben Vendetta  – (9:50 AM)  

Monica is beyond amazing! What an inspiration. I knew her husband Matt pretty well in my Ann Arbor days and I always stop by Tortoise and Hare to say hi when I'm in town.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP