Winter Base: Week 1

I've been pretty lazy with this blog this year, but my last two weeks of running have gone very well. Hit 60 miles on the nose last week, the first of a 10-week pre-racing season training block. Mainly EZ distance, but each week has three key workouts that tend to consist of a longer fartlek workout (stuff like 5 x 4:00) or tempo, hill reps or technique drills, and a Saturday long run. I'm planning on opening my racing season with the St. Malachi 5 miler on March 13. This is the first 'big' race in Cleveland and the field is always pretty deep. Not the funnest course in the world (very hilly) but a good rustbuster to set you up for faster races down the road. I'm also planning on doing the Meteor 10K in Dearborn, Mich. in April. Last year I ran my PR there (fast certified course) and I would like to run a good race there again as a baseline for the USATF Masters 10K championship in Ann Arbor, Mich. on June 6. Despite the usual crappy January weather, I'm feeling very good. I'm sticking to the pushups and I've been doing them 3-4 days a week. My size Small t-shirts are pretty damn tight now so I think I've transitioned into Medium now since I don't go for the Emo tight t-shirt look.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP