Winter Base: Week 2

The second week of my 10-week pre-season training block went really well. After a frigid start to the week (it was sub 10F when I did my 5 x 4:00 fartlek session on Monday), the weather definitely cooperated for a change. Not that the 30's are all that pleasant but wearing shorts (well, half tights) on yesterday's long run was nice. Outside of those two workouts, my other key session was 8 x 10-second hills on Rockcliffe with a 3.5 mile warm up and 5.5 mile cool down. I enjoy the short hill sprints as they seem to especially help a 'medium' twitch guy like me. The other four days were just very easy recovery runs. Once again I hit 60 miles on the nose for the week. This next week will have a tempo workout replacing the fartlek and if the weather is decent I'll do a set of technique drills on Thursday (otherwise hills). Next Saturday, my long run will be in the 1:45ish vicinity. I've been sticking to the 100-pushups program and am happy to say that I can do A LOT more now than I could 5 weeks ago.

jk  – (6:45 PM)  

The Plain Dealer and cleveland.com are creating what we hope will be the most comprehensive directory of Northeast Ohio bloggers. Yours is one I've been following, and I'd like to see it on our list. Please sign up at http://bit.ly/5pTxkw

If you have any questions, let me know.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP