Founders Breakfast Stout

I'm not a big fan of breakfast, the meal, but I'll sing the praises of Founders Breakfast Stout till the day I die. Who needs oatmeal when you can have a double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout? Seriously, this is a meal in a glass! If your knowledge of stout is limited to, say, Guinness, then a good way to describe the Breakfast Stout is to say that it's more of a sipping beer. In a good brew pub, you'll get this served in a snifter glass, as opposed to the traditional pint. The Founders Breakfast Stout is less chocolaty than the Young's Double Chocolate Stout,  the chocolate taking a back seat so to speak behind the coffee and oatmeal flavors. Like an Irish coffee, it's a nice way to wind down the day (or start it). When it's available at the Buckeye Beer Engine, I usually end the night with this one. As a side note, if you're ever in Grand Rapids, visit the Founders Brewery. I've been there twice for post-race beers after the Brian Diemer 5K race (my favorite race period!) and this year I plan to celebrate the trifecta!

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP