Ready To Race

I wrapped up another really good training week and am really looking forward to my first race of the year next Saturday, the St. Malachi 5 mile run. This is a really hilly course so hopefully all the mileage and hill work I've done this winter will play to my strengths. Last year I ran 29:00 in this race and would like to think that I'm in shape to run about 30-40 seconds faster this year. We'll see. As a rule I don't like to make predictions, but I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm further ahead than I was at this point in 2009. On Monday I'll be running 16 x 400 w/100 jogs as a final tuneup and if I can hit 83/84s feeling relaxed that should be a good sign. This past week I hit 57.5 miles with three really good key sessions: 5 x 5:00 on Monday, 16 x 200 on Thursday and a nice and easy 12 miler today.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP