Dialing Back

I hate taking days off running, but sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry. After running one of my best workouts of the year on Monday, a 9 mile progression run in the cold rain, I came down with a cold on Tuesday afternoon (not too surprised being that half my office has been sneezing up a storm all winter and maybe that workout was enough to push me over the edge). Anyway, I slept for like 12 hours last night and felt much better but didn't feel good enough to run today, so my current 66 day running streak came to an end. Which brings me to the point that running, at least for me, is about improving my times/Age-graded performances and sometimes rest is the best workout. I feel good enough that I'll probably run short and easy tomorrow but certainly not the planned 16 x 200, but by Saturday I should be able to do my long run and be back on schedule again.

Post a Comment

  © Designed by Mousetrap Marketing from Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP